Neglia Group is seeking a Division Manager to lead and grow our Traffic Engineering Division at our Lyndhurst, New Jersey location. The position is presented as an opportunity to grow a division with a solid client base that needs the next level of service from a focused and driven manager that brings insightful solutions to intractable local congestion issues.
We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and technology minded individual who will be responsible for the management of municipal and regional traffic engineering and transportation planning work such as NJDOT Access Permits, Traffic Impact Studies, review of traffic submittals by land use board applicants and the appearances before land use boards as an expert in traffic engineering.
Our services extend throughout northern and central New Jersey and into New York. The successful candidate will report to the firm’s Director of Transportation.
Neglia Group is a diversified and versatile engineering firm that specializes in both the municipal and private client space. This unprecedented opportunity offers prospective employees a chance to succeed at all times. As a well-established and full-service organization, Neglia takes pride in offering our clients state-of-the-art services while maintaining a down-to-earth and eager-to-please mentality. These attributes have provided the foundation of our firm’s success.
Since our founding over seven decades ago, we have amassed a wealth of practical and technical experience in the following fields: Municipal Engineering, Site and Civil Engineering, Traffic Engineering, Surveying, Construction Management, Planning, Landscape Architecture, and GIS Data Management.
Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with associated Transportation Engineering coursework
- Professional Engineering license preferred but willing to interview licensure candidates
- 4 years of Transportation Engineering experience and knowledge of general civil engineering and surveying related projects
- Working knowledge of capacity and level of service software such as HCS
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Ability and willingness to perform field work when needed
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate in both verbal and written form
- A valid New Jersey Driver’s license
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely implementation of Transportation Engineering related projects
- Assist in the development and oversight of Transportation Engineering projects including defining requirements and tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Scope and execute Transportation Engineering projects such as traffic studies and signal designs
- Provide succinct and coherent testimony before New Jersey Municipal Planning and Zoning Boards
- Communicate with internal and external clients in a professional manner
- Seek and develop opportunities for personal and departmental growth
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary Based upon Experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Section 125 Plan (Flexible Spending Account)
- 401k Plan with matching percentage
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Aflac – Additional Insurance