Owens Field Improvements
Neglia Engineering Associates (NEA) was selected by the Township of Nutley to provide Professional Engineering services for the Owens Field Project. The Department of Parks and Recreation proposed the improvements of the existing recreational facility into a new football, baseball, and softball field in Monsignor Owens Park in Nutley. Below are the project details of the services that were provided.
- NEA conducted a topographic survey and limited boundary survey of the site in accordance with the rules of the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (NJAC 13:40-5.1)
- A preliminary investigation and any potential wetlands was performed on the site
- Soil erosion, sediment pollution control plans, narrative reports, and calculations were prepared in order to obtain a Soil Erosion Conservation District Certification
- NEA coordinated soil borings with Johnson Soils, Engineering to make preliminary design information available to the contractor design team
- NEA compiled specifications and plans for a bid package suitable for issuance by the Township of Nutley and attended job coordination meetings with the client