Roller Hockey Facility Conversion
Neglia Group (Neglia) was selected by the Township of Nutley to provide Professional Engineering services for the Roller Hockey Facility Project. The Department of Parks and Recreation proposed the conversion of the existing roller rink facility, located in Monsignor Owens Park, into an artificial turf field for recreational use. Below are the project details of the services that were provided.
- Neglia conducted a topographic survey and limited boundary survey of the site in accordance with the rules of the New Jersey State Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (NJAC 13:40-5.1)
- A preliminary investigation of any potential wetlands was also performed on the site
- Soil erosion and sediment pollution control plans, narrative reports, and calculations were prepared in order to obtain a Soil Erosion Conservation District Certification
- Existing asphalt and sub base were excavated, allowing the proper sub base and artificial turf to be implemented
- Neglia designed detailed civil engineering plans, which included grading plans and location of utilities in order to accommodate the turf field
- Neglia also compiled specifications and plans for bid package suitable for issuance by the Township of Nutley and performed construction, inspection, and management services with the client